@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 4, 2009

    Christianity in Crisis!

    Let me start this book review by saying: This book took me by surprise. I didn't expect what I got hit with. In fact, the seriousness of the situation that this book presents was truly unknown to me.

    Hank Hanegraaff in this deep look into the "Faith Movement" opens up a can of worms most Christians ignore, or are unaware of. I think most level headed Evangelicals ignore people like Joel Osteen and his silly "Health and Wealth" gospel, but never know truly how heretical he and his groupies have gotten.

    Hank opened my eyes in Christianity in Crisis to the teachings of people I just blew off. He exposes them as wolves among the flock and rightfully so. He gives quotes, not sound bites mind you, but long, written and spoken quotes of these "Faith Teachers" that truly show the heretical, mind boggling theology they preach.

    Hank doesn't just end there, either. He takes each piece of "FLAWED" theology, unpacks it, rebukes it and gives the Christians reading it the means to stand against such heretical teaching. I was shocked at how much there truly was! Hank's book is well over 350 pages full of knowledge, combat skills and illumination. I've read some reviews calling Hank too "harsh" and "mean" however, the Bible tells us how to handle wolves...and it doesn't say to be "nice" to them!

    I can tell you that if you read this book, your eyes will be open to stuff you never saw before about such preachers as: Benny Hin, Joel Osteen, Joyce Meyer and TD Jakes to name a few. God will use this books to remind us that it is God (not words) that are all powerful. You can't speak your future into existence...only God can create it! We must rely on God, not our "Words of Faith" to get us through life.

    This book is a strong theological push against false teaching. I think it is well worth the time and effort to read and understand!

    TO PURCHASE GO HERE

    0 comments: