@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 8, 2008

    Heroes: Jr. High week 1

    This month is going to be FUN! This is one of my favorite topics to talk about, because everyone in life does need a hero. I started last night with a quick video from the new Superman movie (you can watch it below), which got the students thinking about how we need a hero in our lives.

    I asked them who their personal hero was in their life, who they looked up to and who they said in their heads: "I want to be like them" was. I the shared how our society is completely obsessed with heroes and the idea of heroes. I shared how many Super-Hero movies there are and how much each of them earned in the box-office when they came out (Iron Man for example last week-end earned $100 million dollars).

    Lastly, I showed them in Romans 3, how we ALL need a hero, because we are not good enough, and how we have all messed up...but that Jesus is our Hero, he is the one who has saved us!!



    0 comments: