Sunday, January 3, 2010
- I was told that I was going to go down to part time at Living Christ Church
- Started working at Chili's part-time to suppliment income
- Watched my first Blue-Ray Disc movie
- Had A BABY BOY!
- Hilary and I named him: Marvin Elijah Nelson (nickname MJ)
- Took my ordination tests, finished off my paper work for ordination
- Got ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- Started looking for a new job as a full-time youth pastor
- Interviewed with two churches: West Gate Chapel and Allegheny Center Alliance Church
- Hilary and I prayed for guidance and God led us to Allegheny Center Alliance Church
- Moved from NY to PA
- Hilary and I said sad goodbyes to old friends, church friends and youth group kids
- Hilary and I moved into our new apartment in Pittsburgh, PA
- Started my new job
- Been working here ever since
- Wrote a book
It's been a real tough, sad, happy, trying year for sure! Starting 2009 off by getting a pay-cut and a job addition was bleak at best. Hilary and I had to lean hevily on the cross for confort and guidance as well as lean heavily on one another! God has been good in giving us a new Christian family and a new home...we miss Nyack, NY and the people, but God is good.
My Next post will be of the reccomended books I have from my 2009!