@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 15, 2009

    Faith and Pop Culture (Review)

    "An eight-week study based on articles written by today's leading Christian authors and published by Christianity Today magazines; this remarkable study fosters deep, authentic, and relevant discussion that will challenge and grow any small group. Faith and Pop Culture takes on a variety of topics, including how God can speak to us through the arts, and how Christians should discern between entertainment that is meaningful and that which is destructive."

    I took the description off of the Thomas Nelson website, because I couldn't describe it any better. This book is an excellent discussion starter on all things media. Relevant, up to speed and to the point. I enjoyed reading this book and seeing that when it comes to media, I'm not the only one who has my opinions or convictions. This is good curriculum which could be tailored to ages High School and up. It is mold able and use able for many different small group settings, including Sunday School because it is so very Bible based!

    A very taboo topic for the Church today is the idea of media. The arts seem to have been forgotten, as well as the Artists who make the art (within the Church that is). This small group study re-opens the topic of artistic expression for the Church and tells why it is good, healthy and necessary. I highly recommend this book.

    I review for Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers

    0 comments: