@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 12, 2009

    Finding and Unseen God

    This is a narrative story of the life of a former Atheist. Alicia shares with us the readers her life, her thoughts and her emotions throughout her journey of finding God when she didn't even believe He was there.

    She experiences God in way she says: "Her rational mind wouldn't let her deny". It is a beautiful story that is hard to put down. Alicia also gives great wisdom for Christians on how to reach Atheists...and how NOT to reach Atheists with the Truth of our God. Her candor, depth and wisdom are a treasure that should not be ignored!

    I enjoyed this book more than I could have ever guessed. When I read the write up on the book from Bethany House's website, I knew I had to read it...I just wasn't aware of how much I would truly enjoy it.

    I have an Atheistic teen within my ministry and I was curious to "get into the mind" of a former Atheist. In fact, (what I didn't know) she was a teen Atheist and talked, acted and thought like the Atheist in my ministry! I was so pleased to understand the teen Atheist's perspective, it really gave me a depth of understanding that I never had.

    I am serious when I say that this book will open your eyes. It will bring you to a place of understanding and rejoicing. Alicia's story was one that God desired to be told and tell it she does.

    I highly recommend this book. It's a quick read (165 pages) and is completely narrative in nature. It sucks you in and doesn't let you go.

    It helped me to understand my teens better and for that, I am truly grateful!

    To buy this book, go to: Bethany House: Finding and Unseen God.

    0 comments: