@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 11, 2008

    Books!

    While on vacation, I read 3 books. The first two I will mention were good and one just decent, but the third book BLEW ME AWAY! First up (3rd place) was John Piper's The Supremacy of God in Preaching. GREAT concept, but some SUPER Right-winged and old ideas (ask and I'll explain). Second up (and in 2nd place) was Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado. I love Max's books and I have read a lot of them. This is one of my favorites because of the main focus. I wish he would've gone deeper with some of the stuff, but overall Good read.


    Lastly and 1st place in my opinion: They Like Jesus But Not the Church by Dan Kimball. This book is the most centralized Emerging Church book I've read to date! Dan is honest, gentle and Biblical. This book is strongly recommended if you want to find the heart beat of the emerging generation AND the way to share Jesus with them. I am starting a college ministry this new school year and this book will be a HUGE asset to me as I go to God with this new endeavor!




    0 comments: