@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, April 23, 2008

    Aspects of Christ- Savior

    A lot of times in life, I think in "movie terms". By that I mean when I hear something, or see something, I always liken it to a movie I've seen. Christ as Savior is really no different, because I have seen tons of "savior" movies in today's society. Just pick up a movie and you'll find 8 out of 10 times a character that ends up being a "savior" of sorts.

    We as humans have a deep, desperate need to be saved. Most claim to NOT feel that need in our world, but read a book, or watch a movie (as stated above) and you'll see a different picture! For example, in the newest installment of the Superman franchise: Superman Returns, we see and even hear savior-like even Christlike themes. The most prominent in my mind is the scene where Superman takes Lois Lane on a "flight". During this flight, he asks Lois what she hears, she says "nothing". To which Superman responds: "I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn't need a Savior, yet everyday I hear people crying for one". WOW!

    The GREATEST thing is that Christ IS our Savior. The scriptures say: "...By His Wounds, we are HEALED", because of His death, we can now live. When Christ died on the cross, he sacrificed himself so we could inherit not only eternal life, but the gift of freedom from sin! He saved us from damnation and condemnation. Who wouldn't want to be saved from that?

    Romans 3:23-26 sums up Christ as Savior better than I ever could. It says this: "...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through faith in his blood. He did this to demonstrate his justice, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— he did it to demonstrate his justice at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus".

    What a God we serve!

    0 comments: