@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 12, 2008

    Tonight's Youth Group (March 12, 2008)

    This month's theme is all about FAITH. Last week, we defined faith, looked at it from the dictionary and the Bible's point of view and really wrapped out heads around the idea.

    Tonight, we asked ourselves the question: Why Faith? Why should we have faith at all, why's faith in God matter? To get the ball rolling, I opened up with a clip from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (see below video). I then asked a tough question to keep the ball rolling: "What if a friend you you thought you could trust, ruined the faith you had in them?" Most said it would ruin the friendship...I told them to hold that in their minds until the end.

    After the BIG question of why faith, I shared the story of Aidan the monk from the book Byzantium by Stephen R. Lawhead (Read blog titled "GREAT BOOK"). I shared with them Aidan's loss of Faith in Christ and his re-dedication so to speak into faith realizing that Christ suffered more than he ever did or could on our behalf. I also shared a bit of my testimony to share that I too doubted my faith. Shortly after, I told the students that Christ will never betray your trust, he will never be proven to cause doubt, he is ever faithful!

    This again is a brief outline of the talk, but the main points are intact. Hebrews 11:1 was our focus again, describing how we can have such faith as it defines.








    0 comments: