@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 28, 2009

    A Million Miles in a Thousand Years



    This book is about Donald Miller's journey while editing his life. He had the awesome oppurtunity to re-think his life when 2 guys wanted to make Blue Like Jazz (Donald's #1 New York Times book) into a movie. During the process, Donald came to the sad conclusion that his life was boring and he was not doing much to change that. He felt bad about himself and desired something more. This book is that vulnerable, heart-stopping journey. It will suck you in and never let you go.

    I have to be honest when I say this has been my favorite book in 2009! It is definitely better than Blue Like Jazz and it will inspire you as it did me.

    Along Donald's journey, I too realized what he realized: "I was not living a dangerous life". My dreams were weak and my resolve was weaker. I want to be a protaganist that makes something of this story (my life) just like Donald did. That is the true beauty of this book folks: It will rip you up. It will leave you strung out and needing God to pick you up because Donald's journey is so authentic that it will hit everybody, because we all deal with the same things...even if we're not as real about it as Donald was in this book.

    I was so struck by this book that I had to pre-blog before I was allowed to. I disguised it well, but if you desire to know the RAW feelings I had read that blog as well. It's titled: I'm Inspired.

    If you're thinking: "is this book worth $20 bucks in this economy". My answer is YES! If Thomas Nelson asked me to pay them for this book (because I got it free through the blogging program) I would gladly pay the $20 and the shipping...it's just that freakin good.

    0 comments: