@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 24, 2009

    A Love To Last Forever---Book Review

    "Beth Gallatin has always wanted to settle down in one town, with one man, and raise a family. But with her father's roaming ways, she found solace in reading romances instead. The passing of her father, however, means that Beth and her sisters can, for the first time, dare to claim the rugged Montana frontier as their home.

    Nick Lassiter has loved Beth since she first came to town, but she's always seemed to think of him more as a brother. Just when he finally gets Beth to consider him, an unexpected arrival from Nick's complicated past threatens the affection growing between them.

    As a past fraught with unwise choices and guilt invades their world, will Nick and Beth find the courage to embrace love?"

    ---From Back Cover---

    This is not my normal genre of reading, plus this was book two in a series, so my perspective could be a bit off.

    This book was extremely hard to get into. There were definitely connecting ideas and story-lines that connected me to book, 1 but, I felt like the back cover really didn't end up being what the book was about. Sure, the romance was there and the couple ends well, but there was SO MUCH going on in this book that the main story got LOST. It seemed like every tow pages some new dramatic thing was going on. Someone moving out of town. Someone moving into town. Someone getting shot. Someone getting better. Someone getting sick. Someone getting married and on and on.

    Again, I understand that this is book 2 in a series and not my normal genre AT ALL, but my wife who is an avid reader of this type of book agreed with me...it was just too much drama. The ending is by far the most dramatic portion of the book. I guess that's supposed to "lure you in" to the next book...but again it was over-the-top.

    I appreciate Tracie's story-telling ability, she does a GREAT job of bringing a story to life...just very dramatic in the way she goes about it.


    All in all, I'd say this book was decent. I like Bethany House and the great books they put together! If you like dramatic romance, get this book because your heart will be beating the whole time wondering what crazy thing will happen next. If your the calmer romance type...this book will give you a heart attack.

    0 comments: