@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 2, 2008

    God's in the Temple

    I am reading through Ezekiel (albeit slowly). I just finished chapter 8 which describes the gods that were in God's temple. It mentioned the heart of the Israelite leadership as being torn away from God, giving themselves over to abominations and turning their backs on God. Even to the point of worshiping a cults God at the very doors of the temple, worshiping the sun inside the temple and hiding their idolatry inside their home, thinking that there is no Jehovah who will know and they can get away with it.

    This chapter made me think hard. We've been going through the 10 Commandments which is all about our heart and the inner workings of who we worship and how we treat others. This chapter made me think hard because I had to ask myself: am I worshiping idols? Is there something in the temple of my heart that repels the essence of my God? Am I doing what the elders did?

    I love it when the Old Testament comes alive to me. Because one could say: "this has nothing to do with my life...umm hello, we don't have temples today!" But, the Word of God says: "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?"
    (1 Corinthians 3:16). We do have temples today and it is us!

    So it was made alive to me, because I felt myself probing my temple to see if there was any of this abominable stuff inside. It popped into reality once I realized the connection!

    0 comments: