@marv_nelson

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 4, 2008

    Last Night (Tuesday June 3)


    Last Night's youth group was all about"The R-Files". We've started a new series which is seeped in REDEMPTION...thus the R-Files. The teens thought the title a bit lame, but I like it. I talked about my prayer for redemption from my school debt as an opening story. Then I moved to the powerful story of Ruth and Boaz as the kinsman-redeemer. I shared with the students that we can sum up the idea of redemption into two words: PAID FOR. Meaning that when something is redeemed, it is paid for, done, finished.
    I also shared that redemption is a ONCE FOREVER type deal, saying that once that certain debt is paid for, you needn't pay it again.

    We're going to be running through numerous stories about redemption and highlighting why this word, or idea is important to our daily lives!

    0 comments: